This article will explain to our readers how it is possible to connect an external Bluetooth GPS receiver to the Android device without a built-in sensor and use it as a full-fledged navigator.
What you need to have
In order to successfully use your Android device as a navigator, ensure the following:
- You have the Bluetooth GPS receiver that supports the connection to Android devices.
- You have the tablet or phone with a Bluetooth module.
- You have installed “Bluetooth GPS Provider” for Android which is available for free in the Google Play.
To pair your external GPS with your Android’s Bluetooth, follow the instructions below:
- Turn on the external module.
- EnableBluetooth on your mobile device.
- Open the tablet’s settings.
- Click the Bluetooth tab.
- In the window that appears, click the switch at the top right to activate the module.
- In the window of Bluetooth devices, click “Search” to detect the Bluetooth GPS for Android tablet.
- After the name appears in the list of found devices, select it.
- Devices will be paired. If you will be asked to enter a four-digit password, it is usually 0000.
After this, Bluetooth GPS Receiver for Android and your tablet will be successfully connected and ready for use. Further, it is necessary to configure them properly.
Instructions for setting up
When everything is connected, you need to allow an external sensor to track the location of the tablet, for this:
- Open the Android settings.
- Find and click “Location”.
- In the window that opens, click the switch on the top right to activate the module.
- If the gadget that you are connecting to has 3G, go to “mode”. If it doesn’t, this step can be skipped.
Now the configuring of GPS via Bluetooth on Android is over; you can start to use navigational applications. But not all devices can correctly see the Bluetooth GPS receiver for Android, so earlier we asked to install the program. Run it and press «Start». Bluetooth GPS will share its data with the application, and after processing will transfer it to the navigation program.
Hide the application; it will be working in the background. In this case, the signal will be strong and understandable for any program. Now the settings of Bluetooth GPS for Android tablet are finished. If you have not decided which application with maps to choose, we recommend you to start with the free app with free maps and function of creating the route. It is called «Mаps.Mе».