In this article, we will provide a quick tutorial on how to connect a Bluetooth keyboard to your Android tablet or any other device on this operating system.
What you need to check for the successful work
In order not to waste time on meaningless connection to the tablet, you need to ensure the following:
- That the wireless keyboard connects via Bluetooth, and not via radio interface. These are completely different things.
- Make sure that the tablet has a built-in Bluetooth module.
Instructions for connecting
Before beginning to connect a Bluetooth keyboard to the phone, we advise to download a free application “Gboard – Google” that supports typing from an external device.
When using this application, it does not make any difference if you are going to connect Bluetooth keyboard to the Android phone or tablet, also it does not matter which company produced the device (you can use the Apple Bluetooth keyboard or a keyboard specially designed for Android devices).
So the first thing you need to do is to connect the Bluetooth keyboard to your Android.To do this, follow these steps:
- Turn on the wireless device and activate the detection mode on it according to its instructions.
- Go to the tablet settings.
- Press «Bluetooth».
- Move the slider on the top right corner to activate the wireless module.
- Scan the devices by clicking the “Search” button.
- When you see the name of your typing device in the list of available devices, click on it to begin pairing. If you are asked to enter the password, write 0000 (it is set by default), or look for it in the instruction.
After this, both gadgets are paired.
The next step is to configure the hardware input.
- Go to the settings of the device.
- Press «Language and input».
- Click «RussianKeyboard».
- In the opened window, tap “Hardware”.
- Open “Select layout”.
- In the list that appears, click «External keyboard».
- Now you can close the settings.
- Find any field to enter (the browser, mail, notes).
- Click to place the input, and swipe your finger from top to bottom to open the additional menu.
- Click “Select input method”.
- Select «RussianKeyboard», and then you can type the text via a hardware input.