In this article, we will describe how to transfer contacts from Android to Android via Bluetooth, as well as from iOS to Android and vice versa. We will use both standard tools and third-party applications.
Of course, if you only need to give somebody’s number, it is easier and faster to dictate it. But if it is a contact with all the information about it (date of birth, email address, physical address, office phone, home number, mobile number etc.), or you need to share several contacts, then certainly it will be faster to send contacts via Bluetooth on Android devices.
How to send contacts
So now, we will demonstrate how to transfer contacts from Android to Android via Bluetooth in a standard way. To do this, do the following:
- Activate the wireless communication module on both devices.
- Open the "Contacts" on the smartphone, from which you will send the information.
- Press "Options" to display an additional menu.
- Select “Share”.
- Put the ticks in front of people, whose information you want to share.
- Click “Share”.
- In the next window, press «Bluetooth» (if you have not activated the communication module, as mentioned in paragraph 1, the system will warn you and offer to activate it; agree by clicking "Yes").
- The next step is to search for devices – click the button of the same name.
- Then click the name of the desired smartphone to begin transferring.
In the same way we can send all contacts via Bluetooth on Android, so if you "move" from one device to another, you need to:
Repeat steps 1-4 from the previous paragraph.
- Check the box "Select all", which is located at the top left.
Then do everything similarly to the steps 6-9.
Using a third-party application
There may be situations, when for some reason you cannot exchange data using built-in programs. Then you should try the following:
- Download, install and run the app “BluetoothFileTransfer”, you can download it for free from the Google Play.
- Next, you will see a list of folders that are on your phone; in this window, click "Options" to open the menu.
- Click “More”.
- Press “Send contacts”.
- Here is a list of groups. Open the desired group and select necessary people.
- The next step is to decide whether you want to send data in one file or separately.
- In the list of devices, click «Options» and "Search devices" to find available devices.
- Select the name of the smartphone, to which you will send the data.
Interaction between Google and Apple Devices
In this part of the article, we will show how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android via Bluetooth.Perform the following steps:
- The first step is to check if you are registered in the iCloud, the service from Apple, which provides the synchronization between devices. If you are not registered, than do it, it will not take a lot of time.
- Once you have the iCloud account, go to the "Contacts".
- Here, you need to choose «Select All», and hold the gear icon, which is located on the bottom left.
- Click «export vCard». This will allow receiving all the addresses in a single file.
- The next step is to transfer these data as a normal file through Bluetooth.
Open the phonebook on the smartphone that received the file.
Tap «Options» and choose “Import/Export”.
If the file is stored in the phone memory, select "Import from internal storage".
Next, select "phone".
Select the desired numbers, and click "Import".
Transferring contacts to the iPhone
This is a small tutorial on how to transfer contacts from Android to the iPhone via Bluetooth.
- Open the phone book on the Android smartphone.
- Open the "Options" context menu.
- Go to the "Import/Export".
- For example, we will select "Export to internal storage", but you can also select the SIM-card.
- Select the desired contacts or check "Select all".
- Agree with a warning.
- Specify a file name, for example, "Business Cards". The file will be in the root directory, in this case with the name «visitki.vcf».
- Next, go to this directory using any installed file explorer and choose this file.
Open the context menu and tap "Share".
Search for active devices and send the file to the desired one.
On the iPhone, you will just need to:
Receive the data and open the file.
If you are asked for further actions, choose «Create new contact» or «Link contacts».