This article is intended for users who are just beginning to familiarize with the Android mobile system. Today, we will talk about how to use Bluetooth on Android. We will talk about the simplest things, e.g. how to enable Bluetooth on Android and how to find new devices and send data to them.
Activation of the module
Before starting, you have to enable the wireless module. We will begin our story from this. To do this, you need to follow the steps below:
- Go to the settings of your smartphone or tablet.
- Choose «Bluetooth».
- At the top right of the screen, click the slider to make it active (the color will change or the «ON» text will appear).
After these steps, a new window with a list of gadgets and "Search" button will appear. Also, and in the upper status bar you will see an icon with the Bluetooth logo. This will mean that your receiver is turned on.
The name of the device
Now we need to come up with the name of a Bluetooth device on Android, which will be shown in other devices when they find it. To do this, follow these steps while being in window with a list of devices:
- Click the "Options" button (the third button except for "Home" and "Back"). In different devices, it is to the left or to the right of the "Home" key.
- Select "Edit phone name".
- In a special box of the window that opens, type the name of your smartphone.
- After entering, click "Save" to apply the changes.
After you have specified the name, you need to perform additional steps to ensure that other gadgets can detect your smartphone. If you want it, do the following:
After this, you will see a countdown timer. After this time, the mode will automatically turn off to make your device invisible again. The timer time can be changed. To do this, perform the following steps:
- Click "Options".
- Click "Visibility timeout".
- In the new window, you can select intervals such as 2, 5, 60 minutes or choose "Never timeout" (in case if you want your device to be visible whenever the wireless module is active).
Connecting to other devices
Now let us talk about the detection of Bluetooth devices on Android, because before you start working with other gadget, you must first find it. To search for available devices, it is necessary to do the following:
- In the main window of the wireless module settings, click "Search for devices" to detect the devices that are near you.
After the search, do the following to pair with one of the found devices:
- Press the name of the desired device to start the connection.
- When pairing with some gadgets, the additional agreement may be required. In this case, you may see an additional window with the check digits. It is necessary to agree to implement connection.
If you suddenly need to cancel the Bluetooth pairing with other Android device, do the following after a successful connection:
- Near the name of the desired device, which you want break the connection with, click the gear icon to open an additional menu.
- In the window that opens, select "Unpair", and after that the connection between devices will break.
To pair the devices again, just repeat the steps that we describes earlier.
Changing the name of the paired devices
You can also change the names of all the devices that are in your list. You can change the name to any name that will come to your head, and later this name will be displayed under this device.
To do this:
- After clicking the gear in front of one of the gadgets, select "Edit phone name".
- Change it to any other name.
- Press "Save".