In this article, we will talk about the Bluetooth scan on Android. We'll show how to do this in two ways. The purpose of the first method is further work with the device; the second method will allow tracking information about the found devices, finding out their type, address, etc.
Scanning using the standard method
We will perform this procedure using the standard features that are built into your mobile device. As we mentioned earlier, this method will allow us to perform actions with the found devices, i.e. your phone will interact with another device.
In order to perform such a search, follow these steps:
- Go to the settings of the smartphone.
- Choose «Bluetooth».
- If the module is not activated, it must be enabled manually. In the upper right corner of the screen, move the slider to the active state to turn the Bluetooth on.
After these steps, you will see a window that will show the list of the found devices. If the list does not display any devices, you need to search the nearby devices manually.
- In order to make a scan, click "Search for devices" at the bottom of the window.
Your display will show the name of found devices that are close to your Bluetooth receiver.
- To see the available actions that can be done with the devices, you will need to tap the gear icon in front of their names.
Then you will see the options for the selected gadget. For example, you can:
- rename the device;
- change the access to the connection;
- use the device as a wireless modem;
- use the device as a headset;
- Use the device for the multimedia sound, etc.
This method should be used to find out information about the unknown device that is located near you. You can find out the type of the device, address, and even its location.
There are many third-party applications that were created for this purpose, and in our example, we will use the Bluetooth scanner for Android. It is easy to use and has no complicated settings. You can download it from the Google Play for free.
Note that the program has only the English localization.
Let us see how the application works:
- Enable the wireless module on your phone.
- Run the downloaded application.
After the launch, the app will perform the scan. All found devices and information about them will be shown on the display.
You will find out the following data about each device:danniye ob ustroystve
- On what decibels it operates.
- Type (laptop, tablet, computer, mobile phone, smartphone etc.).
To see where the detected devices are located, follow these steps:
You will see the «Devices Location» window. It indicates the location of these devices.
Note: in the test version of the application (version 1.1.3), the data about locations displayed incorrectly; possibly, in the next update the developers will correct this function.