If you own the PlayStation 3, you have probably thought if it is possible to connect one of the console gamepads to Android. На In fact, there is such a possibility and it works quite correctly. Let us talk about connecting the PS3 gamepad to Android via Bluetooth.
Is there any sense to play on an external manipulator
Even if your smartphone or tablet has a wide diagonal of the display, and the touch buttons do not cover the view of the game, it will be more comfortable to play using the gamepad. Sensor buttons are not felt with your hands, so you miss the necessary button frequently. As a result, you lose your points or even lose the game. You will not face with this problem while playing via the gamepad, because every button is felt with the fingers and you are 100% sure that you click the right button. In this case, you will get maximum joy from the game. With this, you will get the most out of the gameplay.
There are two ways to connect the PS3 controller to Android via Bluetooth. The first one consists of fewer steps, but it will be suitable only for devices that support the USB OTG connection. The second method will be suitable for all types of devices, but you will need to have the PC near you. In both cases, your mobile device must have the ROOT rights.
The first method
- Install and run the «Sixaxis Controller» app on your phone. (The ROOT rights are required).
- Connect the Dualshock 3 to Android via the OTG cable.
- In the app, choose «Pair Controller».
- In the window, which displays the address, press «Pair».
- Next, press «Start» to start searching and to connect the manipulator.
- Enable the gamepad and wait until the first indicator lights up. It means that the gamepad has connected to the device.
- You can disconnect the cable and use the controller via Bluetooth.
The second method
- Before connecting the controller to Android via Bluetooth, download and install the «Sixaxis Pair Tool» on your PC.
- Connect the Dualshock 3 to the PC via USB.
- Run the installed program.
- In the program, you will see the box for the МАС address (do not close the window).
- On the phone, run the abovementioned «Sixaxis Controller» app.
- Choose «Pair Controller», to display the window with the MAC address.
- Type the address from the phone in the program that you opened on your PC. Then, press «Update» for the further connection.
- Disconnect the Dualshock from the computer.
- Press «PS» to enable the gamepad.
- The connection will be created (the 1st indicator will light up),
After that, you can start using the gamepad in the games.
If you have seen the text «Connection Failed», your device probably does not support this type of connection.
In future, you will not need to perform this procedure, if you will not reconnect the gamepad to the PlayStation. At the next connection, it will be enough to turn on the DS3.
How to connect the Dualshock 3 to Android via Bluetooth: Video
If the connection is successful, you will be able to run games; the control will be performed via the gamepad automatically if the game supports the manipulators.
Note: Not all the games support the alternative control. They are usually supported by the following genres of games: races, arcades, platformers, shooters.
Bluetooth Gamepad for Android: Video
Top Bluetooth game controllers for Android on Amazon
[rBlock name=after_video return=1]
I will right away take hold of your rss feed as I can not in finding your e-mail subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Please let me realize so that I could subscribe. Thanks.
I’m extremely impressed together with your writing talents as neatly
as with the format for your weblog. Is that this a paid subject or did you customize it your self?
Either way stay up the nice high quality writing, it’s rare to look a
nice blog like this one these days..
I gotta favorite this web site it seems extremely helpful very helpful
I have been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this site. Thanks , I will try and check back more often. How frequently you update your site?
Merely wanna remark on few general things, The website layout is perfect, the content is very great : D.
Perfect work you have done, this site is really cool with good information.