Today we will talk about the application for IP telephony, namely about the Android sip client for the calls via Bluetooth headset. By default, in the Android 4.0 and higher, the sip client is built into the phone part, which is very convenient and does not require any additional software. This mode works through the regular phone dialer, and it has all the same functions as when calling via mobile communication. In addition, it supports calls via Bluetooth headset. Nevertheless, in some countries, the firmware in smartphones do not have this function, and then we have to use third-party software.
Choosing the program
The problem is that not all third-party clients support calls via the headset, and for some users, this is a very important criterion when choosing the application.
In this article, we want to talk about the “CSipSimple” program, which supports Bluetooth headsets. It has simple settings and it is distributed for free in the Google Play, what advantageously differs it from other similar applications.
You can download it from this link.
- Download and run the program on your smartphone.
- At the first start, you will see a window with a quick setting; save the appropriate settings.
- Select “Add account”.
- In the list of presets, select «Advanced».
- Enter the necessary settings
- If your smartphone is not registered, select “Use TCP”.
- In the “Account name”, enter any text.
- “Caller ID” – write the internal number (the name that will be displayed during sip calls).
- “Server”–your sip domain (you can see it in the upper right corner of the control panel).
- “Password”– the password of the account.
- “Username”– user’s number (available in the Control Panel in the onlinepbx).
Connecting the headset:
- Activate the Bluetooth on your smartphone.
- Pair the headset with your phone.
- Launch CSipSimple.
- Click the button at bottom left (three dots, one above the other).
- Select “Settings”.
- Go to the “Media”.
- Check the box next to the «Auto connect Bluetooth», and the program will automatically route the call to the headset when the headset is connected.
After these steps, you can exit the settings and start using the application.
[rBlock name=after_video return=1]