Every advanced user may come across a situation when it is necessary to use the Internet from the PC or tablet without using the Wi-Fi (for example, if the Wi-Fi module is faulty). In such a case, the alternative option is the Bluetooth dun client for Android, i.e. using your smartphone/tablet as a Bluetooth modem.
How to activate the tethering on the phone
There are two ways to solve this task. The first option is to use the capabilities of the operating system, and the first (the quicker one) involves using the third-party apps.
The standard method
If you choose this method, you will not need to download anything to your phone. Perform the following steps:
- Go to the settings of the system.
- Choose «More».
- Next, click «Tethering and portable hotspot».
- Choose «Bluetooth tethering» and activate it.
After these steps, you will receive a notification saying that your device is working in the chosen mode of operation.
The third-party application
This option will be interesting for those people, who do not like changing the phone settings and prefer to perform everything with minimum efforts. We will need the BlueVPN [DUN client] app, which is available here. Perform the following steps:
- Open the Google Play and download the program. After this, run the app
- After opening the main window, click «Start service».
- You will receive the request to activate the detection mode of your device (for 120 seconds). Allow this task.
- Pair the second device (via Bluetooth) with yours using the standard method.
- In the menu of the program, choose the desired device.
After these steps, the device will be connected to the Internet automatically, and you will be able to use it on the second device too.
How to connect to the smartphone that acts as a modem
After choosing one of the abovementioned methods, you will need to connect to the smartphone that acts as a modem.
Connecting the other smartphone or tablet:
- Go to the Bluetooth settings on the second device.
- If the wireless module is disabled, enable it by tapping the rocker at the top right of the display.
- In the list of the available devices, choose the name of the modem to pair with it.
The pairing is completed. You can use the Internet.
To connect the PC, perform the following steps:
- Open the «Control Panel».
- Choose «Hardware and Sound».
- Click «Devices and Printers».
- On the top panel, click «Add a device» (make sure that the wireless module is enabled on the PC).
- In the window with a list of found devices, find the name of the phone that you want to connect to. Choose it and click «Next» (it is located at the bottom right of the active window).
- Confirm the secret code on both devices. It is necessary for a successful connection.
- In the window with all devices, right-click the name of the newly added phone. In the pop-up menu, select «Connect through», and then « Access point».
After these steps, on the toolbar (near the clock, at the bottom right), you will see the global network icon.